Tuesday, April 6, 2010

H is for home.

I don't know what home is for me, I know that sound's kinda stupid, but isn't your home a place where you feel comfortable and safe? I guess your home is where you live, and where your parents are (in most cases), but how can you like your home, if you don't feel very comfortable in it? If you don't feel safe in it? If this doesn't occur to you, then how can it feel like home?





When I say I "I don't know what home is for me", I mean, some times I talk about going back "home" to England, when really, my home is here, in Canada. It confuses me allot. It's not like I don't like Canada..which I do, it's that England was my home for many years, and changing from that whole culture of things is challenging.





Anyway, moving on....I remember the first house that I ever lived in. It was in a place called Breadsal, Derby. It was a tiny 400 year old cottage, very worm and cozy. I don't remember it too much, because I only lived there until I was 4, but I remember that I absolutely loved it!

Then I moved again, to a place called Quarndon, Derby. Where I started school. I lived there for 7-8 years...which is quite allot for me. Then I moved to Canada. We rented our first house. It was in Waterloo, and we lived there for about a year. I liked it there allot, but it took allot of adjusting and getting use too! Last but not least, my home now. It's in Blair. This is probably one of the nicest places I've ever lived! With a very nice house, a friendly community and school friends right next door, it's hard not to enjoy.



Life lesson: A house is built with wood and beams. A home is built with love and dreams.









I comented on Hayleys blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment