Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eva Olsson

Eva Olsson, the survivor of the Holocaust, was in are school yesterday (October 26th). When I got to school yesterday morning are teacher told us that we were going to have a 45 minuet long presentation in the chapel. My very first thoughts were that it was going to be just another one of those long boring presentations. But it turned out to be allot more then that!! This 84 year old women had gone through so much in her life time that it was unbelievable. I don't no how she had the courage to stand up in front of us and talk about some of the worst things she'd ever have to face. You could see in her eyes that her life was different to other people's. I must admit, I wasn't listening as much as I probably should have, but some of the things she said defiantly caught my eye. Here are some of the things that really touched me.



Hate, just a single word. A word that can mean so much more to some people then you would of thought. I defiantly agree with Eva when she told us about that word and how we should never use it. If the word hate comes across you, think about what you would think or say. Talking about the word hate reminded me of what she talked to us about bulling. Being a bully is not cool, or fun. If you have ever experienced it you would know. Wouldn't you think the world would be a happier place if bullying didn't ever happen. Eva told us that the bullies in her case were the solders (Germans). The things that they did to her and other people are very different then the average school bully, but it is the same concept.



Over all Eva Olssons presentation was really good. She has changed my mind in lots of different ways. And she has made me think more about using the word hate and about how bullying can affect different people in different ways. That was my over all thought of Eva Olsson.

1 comment:

  1. great blog georgia, nice description of the word hate ya
    good post
    great effort

    ReplyDelete