Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My trip to Novel!!!

Yesterday the whole of middle school had a team building day and a place called Novel. Each grade was separated in to different groups. I am now in grade 7, and I think that the activities we did were challenging. Something my team and I did well was when we had to get a tire of a really tall wooden pole. First are strategy was to make a pyramid. But that didn't really work because all the people at the bottom of the pyramid collapsed. Are next strategy was for all the lightest people to stand on Jake's shoulders to try and get the tire off.... and that didn't really work either. So then Jenny stood on the tire and we all pushed the tire up the pole, it was very hard. Yeah well, that didn't work either. We might of not succeeded this challenge, but are team work was really good. That something we did really well at.

Something I think that are team had trouble with was the wizards thing, I can't remember what it was called. It was where we had to get to a different location from where we were. We had to get around from tree to tree using just wires and a bit of rope. The reason I didn't think that are team did very well was because we weren't very good at taking turns with who got the rope. I think that other people should have been more thought full of other people. But I defiantly think we over came that issue. By the end of this activity we had defiantly completed it well.

My over all view of the day was that it was really fun! The drum circle was at the end of this trip, and the thing that made it most fun and exciting was the atmosphere in the room. The man who was leading it was very enthusiastic which made more interesting. I did defiantly enjoy Novel this year more then last. I think that the activities we got to do were really fun and more challenging then last year. That is my over all view of are trip to Novel!!



















1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself GG!!:). You have summarized the events of the day well and let your personality come through your writing. Good work.

    ReplyDelete