Monday, May 3, 2010

G is for guitar.



For my 7th birthday, my parents got me a guitar. At first I wasn't very interested, as most 7 year old are when they have been placed with some kind of instrument that they haven't ever gave a second thought about before. But my Dad, seemed to be able to look into the future, and saw how much I much I enjoy playing the guitar 5 years from then. And then, after a lot of persuading, I finally agreed to take on the guitar. And now, the guitar is my by far, favourite instrument.


It's the feeling of picking up my guitar after a long hard day at school and knowing that all my bad thoughts were going to disappear. It's the thrill you get when you've just mastered a new song, and the amount of happiness that comes across you when you've just completed a new riff.

When ever I play my guitar, I feel like I'm in my own world.


I just read Emma's blog on being able to learn guitar in music class. And I personally agree with her 100%. I know there's lots of other people who play the guitar, and there's probably a lot more who would enjoy the experience of it. Adding on to that... I think that we should be able to play any instrument that gives us the same impact as the guitar has on me.


Life lesson: Never say no to a new opportunity, because you never know where it could get you!




1 comment:

  1. Very good post on guitars georgia! Did you want a guitar when you were 7? Do you make your own songs? Do you know any songs? Overall I like your post!

    ReplyDelete